I've been good about keeping up with my training...even though it's hot outside. Well, you might be wondering what's considered "hot." But it's been in the 80s and 90s here. Oh, that's nothing compared to the 100 degree weather you had earlier, I know. But it is when you don't have the reprieve of air conditioning. It's 80-90 outside, guess what, it's 80-90 inside too. But enough about that. So, this morning, I really needed to do a run and it was the start of a new week on Couch to 5k. I spent the better part of the morning trying to figure out how to find a workout I created with Garmin Connect on my Garmin. It ended up being a futile effort and I contacted Garmin about it. I decided I can just do the interval setting and have to remember where I was in the process.
I drink some water and head out the door. I'm on my warm up walk down to the river and off I go. I start thinking about the nice cool water waiting for me in my freezer and then start to think "Did I grab my keys?" I feel my back pocket, nothing there. "Crap! I'm locked out of my apartment, I don't know my husbands number, I have no way of getting in. Can I break into my own apartment?" Well, I continued on my way and calculated in my head when I should be half way through and turning around. But my Garmin didn't indicate I was almost half way done with my workout. "Dang it, I set the wrong number of intervals. Ok, just end the workout early and it's no big deal....but how am I going to get home?" My run ends as the temperature is topping out at 88. So, I start walking home. "Should I just sit outside and wait the 3-4 hours for Brian to come home? Is there a way I could call him? No, I don't have is number memorized and I don't know how to ask someone in German if I can use their phone." What to do, what to do? I didn't want to disturb my neighbors because it was during "Quiet Hours" but I also didn't want to look like a bum sitting outside sweating. "Could I really break into my apartment? No, that's not going to work and I would just be stuck out on my balcony baking in the sun."
I decided to buzz my neighbors, who are also my landlord's parents. They graciously gave me keys to try to open the door. None of them worked! So we tried a few more keys and finally found one that worked. Alas, I was back into my apartment and am now ordering a new Road ID with the updated information so I can actually call someone when in need.
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
2. Lose weight (at least 15 lbs). I think just about everyone makes this resolution. I lost 4 pounds while on vacation! Mainly because we were walking around so much! But now that marathon training has started hopefully this will continue!
4. Run at least 4 more half marathons. Registered for Munich and Army 10 Miler now! I'm not sure I'm going to meet this goal this year.
5. Improve 5k time to under 35 minutes. Started running again! Finally getting my butt in gear!
6. Improve half marathon time to under 3 hours. Because the previous goal hasn't happened, this one hasn't either.
7. Commit to Jillian Michaels DVDs for 90 days (30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and Buns and Thighs). #fail This is a tough goal. 30 days of JM is really hard!
9. Cook at least three meals per week (only one of which can be pasta). We've really been getting better at this. I've been trying new recipes and working on trying more!
10. Only eat out once per week, unless traveling. We hardly ever go out/order take out any more, which is good and bad. I love the local cuisine but it's healthier to cook our own dinners.