Friday, June 22, 2012
If you read my blog a few days ago, you know is signed up for the Welcome to Summer Virtual 5k. I completed this today! I did the first bit as part of getting back into running with the Couch to 5k program. I started it last week with a friend and then did the next day today. I always feel so accomplished after running. But this is the beginning of my marathon (eek) training. I'm starting at square one and then will progress to the marathon plan. So the run today....it is mild outside, we had a big rain storm last night that cooled a lot down so it wasn't brutally hot. But it was very windy. My running path is a trail along the Rhine River and it's really neat to be running and have a huge barge or cruise boat pass by. I start in my town and then run toward Rüdesheim am Rhein (I don't make it all the way there as that is a 16k run one way). I pass the cute little town of Erbach and then I turned around. Because I wasn't done with the 5k at that point (I was done with the 20 minute run for C25K) I decided to run along the Rhine in my town, which means that I got to pass several docks for some of the cruise boats, the roses that are still in bloom from the rose festival and a couple castles! I love the change of scenery I have from running the same trail in a forest in North Carolina to getting to run past castles. SO cool! Afterwards, I turned back around to continue running up my street and home. It was a pretty good run/walk, although very windy.
Friday, June 1, 2012
2. Lose weight (at least 15 lbs). I think just about everyone makes this resolution. I am still crossfitting. My scale is moving the wrong way! I need to try something new.
3. Read at least 12 books. I'm now finished with book number 7 and started on number 8! This may be completed before December!
4. Run at least 4 more half marathons. Registered for Munich and Army 10 Miler now! I'm not sure I'm going to meet this goal this year.
5. Improve 5k time to under 35 minutes. I still have not run...yet. But heading out today as the weather is beautiful!
6. Improve half marathon time to under 3 hours. Because the previous goal hasn't happened, this one hasn't either.
7. Commit to Jillian Michaels DVDs for 90 days (30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and Buns and Thighs). #fail I stink at this goal.
8. Start training for a marathon. I'm registered for the Marathon now (Eeeek!!!)
9. Cook at least three meals per week (only one of which can be pasta). We've really been getting better at this. I've been trying new recipes and working on trying more!
10. Only eat out once per week, unless traveling. We hardly ever go out/order take out any more, which is good and bad. I love the local cuisine but it's healthier to cook our own dinners.